MAY 26-27, 2021
The Advertising & Media Summit: The Great Consumer Reset will focus on how consumer engagement and experiences evolve in a post-pandemic world. This latest Accelerate event from CDX will bring together leaders from advertising, media and entertainment, brands, technology, academia, and consumer research. Global consumers have had a full year to modify their behaviors, form new or modified habits for shopping, media consumption, and brand engagement.
We will explore the following topics and more:
- What is the future of advertising and its effectiveness in an increasingly mobile and streaming-dominant world?
- How will the brand and consumer relationship evolve in a post-pandemic world? What values and core traits will define consumers across different demographics?
- What does the latest research show about the readiness of the consumer to emerge from the pandemic shadows? Where have they started to spend? Where do they want to spend?
- How have consumers’ habits been changed over the last year? What’s different for shopping/commerce, media consumption, platform preferences/adoption, evolved brand preferences attributes, or travel?
- How should we understand the rapidly evolving media and entertainment landscape? Media consumption habits are changing, new media platforms are emerging, and the role of social media is in flux for many reasons.
- What is the future of consumer experiences? Will consumers immediately flock back to large-scale events such as concerts, professional and college sports? Or will the consumer look for smaller, more niche and/or virtual entertainment experiences?
CDX ACCELERATE PROGRAM
WEDNESDAY, MAY 26
2:05 PM THE STATE OF THE INDUSTRY WITH MARK MAHANEY
Mark Mahaney | Sr Managing Director, Head of Internet Research, Evercore ISI
2:20 PM THE FUTURE OF CONTENT: SO MANY PLATFORMS, SO LITTLE TIME
Ira Rubenstein | Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, PBS
Michael Smith | CMO, NPR
2:50 PM THE NEW RULES OF ENGAGEMENT: A CONVERSATION WITH BURGER KING
Richard Guest | US Head of Marketing Communications, Burger King
3:15 PM THE DIVERSE MASS: THE MINORITY BECOMES THE MAJORITY
Aki Spicer | Chief Strategy Officer, Leo Burnett
Peter Blacker | Chief Commercial Officer & Head of DTC, Telemundo Enterprises
3:40 PM POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE: WELCOME TO THE METAVERSE
Chick Foxgrover | EVP, Technology & Innovation, The 4As
Timoni West | VP, Augmented & Virtual Reality, Unity
4:05 PM THE FUTURE OF FAN ENGAGEMENT
Phil Lynch | CEO, Media, Manchester United
THURSDAY, MAY 27
2:00 PM: OPENING
2:05 PM: THE ACCELERATE CMO INTERVIEW
Shannon Watkins | SVP, Brand & Creative Services, AFLAC
2:25 PM: THE NEW BRAND PROMISE: EXPERIENCE, TRUST & INCLUSION
Rita McGrath | Author & Distinguished Professor, Columbia Business School
Paul Woolmington | CEO, Canvas Worldwide
2:50 PM: THE POST-PANDEMIC SHOPPER
Natalia Brzezinski | Chief Strategy Officer, Klarna
3:15 PM: BUILDING TRUST IN A TRANSFORMING WORLD: A CONVERSATION WITH SCHWAB
Sara Tresch | SVP, Digital Transformation & User Experience, Charles Schwab
3:40 PM: THE FUTURE OF ADVERTISING: COOKIES, CANCEL CULTURE & CONSUMER CHOICE
JiYoung Kim | Chief Digital Officer, Carat
4:00 PM: CLOSING KEYNOTE: TBA